From the desk of Harriet Salarno, Chair & Founder
March is National Brain Injury Awareness Month
THANK YOU TO OUR FAITHFUL SUPPORTERS:
- Dr. Monty Peterson
- Asm Jim Cooper
- California Crime Victims Coalition
- Kathy & Fred Santos
- Kathleen Teslar
- Senator Jim Nielsen
IN THE WORKS:
- CVU is in the process of building on the hopes of COVID being nice to us in 2021. We are starting to venture into a few more programs. We will be giving an update in the April Newsletter and future newsletters.
- The CVU warehouse and second office are almost complete!
2021 brings a busy year of legislation.
- We will be co-sponsoring AB 341 (Boerner Horvath). This bill will expand California Rape Shield law to protect the victims from social media. CVU is honored to co-sponsor this bill with the San Diego District Attorney’s Office.
- All bills were released on February 19th. Nina is in the process of reviewing. Stay up-to-date on via our social media sights listed below.
SAVE THE DATE:
- All American Rib Cookoff: Saturday, August 28, 2021
- Stars Honoring Survivors: Firehouse Reception – Wednesday, September 15, 2021
- Facebook (@CrimeVictimsUnited)
- Instagram (crimevictimsunited)
- Website (www.crimevictimsunited.com)